“You Can’t Change Your Past, but You Can Change Your Future”
Reggie Dabbs is considered one of the most popular public school and motivational speakers in the world. He says that you cannot change your past, but you can change your future. You can change your future by changing your present reality. Reggie says there are ten specific aspects of life that are keys to finding the present process that can renovate our futures.
! SPOILER ALERT !
10 Specific Aspects of Life:
- Know Your Story – the life you are living right now, at any age, counts
- Know Your Truth – we are not on a quest to create new truth, we are on a quest to discover the truth…even if it hurts
- Know Your Pain – your pain has value; the pain of your past or your present situation is a fixture of your life; if it is crippling and debilitating feature of your relationships, career, and mental and spiritual health, then you have to figure out the way through it, not around it
- Know Your Hero – pain that leads to choice that leads to action; a hero rises above and uses the pain in different ways; as Jesus to be the hero in your life
- Know Your Choice – you have choices and you are responsible for what you did with your choices; your life is the sum of your choices
- Know Your Voice – we each have a long list of reasons our voices should not matter in this world
- Know Your Name – your identity; life consists of both doing and being, but one’s true identity is defined by being
- Know Your Passion – to find and become acquainted with your true passion, you must have a desire and a taste
- Know Your Future – discovering the above 1-8 plays into your future, but there are other components necessary for fully understanding it; these components are less about what you learn or what you know and more about who you know and how you learn to and serve them
- Know Your Father – God produced children in his image; God has done more than just produce you; he has also chosen you
If you don’t believe me, check it out for yourself!
For full book synopsis and review visit http://booksbysteph.com/Dabbs__Reggie.html
Until next time, take life one page at a time!